Grammy & Papa Cowgill came and picked up the kids on Thursday and took them for a fun weekend in Vegas at their grandparents. They were soooo excited to go. I was too:) It was kinda hard because it was the first time Zach was away from me over night, but I figured it would be good for him since the baby is coming. It turned out to be a really fun weekend with just Rod and I. I went and got a pedicure- I figure it will give me something pretty to look at when I am pushing:) Rod took off Friday and we played all day! It felt like we were newly weds all over again. We totally lounged around Friday morning and then I had a doc appt. we went to. We went out to eat and then we went shopping. We went to the chiropractors and went to dinner. After that day, I realized how easy it was to spend a lot of money when kids weren't in the way!! It was a fun day- it literally wore me out though. I thought maybe I would go into labor- but luckily I didn't- I didn't have any energy!! Friday night at 2:30 in the morning we got a phone call from Rod's mom- I thought for sure it was Zach having a hard time but it wasn't. David was having the hard time and he wanted to come home. I talked to him for a while until he settled down and then he went back to sleep and so did I. But then we got another phone call at 5:30 in the morning- it was Don and he was out in our drive way with the boys. I guess David woke up again and was having a hard time! Don drove them all the way home in the middle of the night! Rod and I about died! Rod's mom was just paranoid that David wouldn't want to come back if she didn't make him happy. David would have been fine in the morning though- he was just overly tired from staying up too late. Rod's mom and Don are such great grandparents and i am so grateful that they took the boys so Rod and I could have a fun weekend by ourselves one last time before we have 3 little rugrats!:) On Saturday we cleaned all day. I am lucky because Rod is a great cleaner- I am in the "nesting" stage so we went to town on the house. I wish I could be in that mood all the time because I got a lot accomplished. When the boys went to bed that night I finally watched Twilight. I liked it and Rod liked it too. The book was better but that was kinda obvious it would be. It was just a great, relaxing weekend that was well needed!
David is my little creative boy- he is always wanting to do art projects. He molded a bunch of snowmen in this picture.

I am so grateful David and Zach are little buddies. They play together so well! It was cute to hear how David took care of Zach in Vegas. Rod's mom said he prayed for him and just made sure he was okay. He is such a good big brother! I know it will help out tons when the baby comes. They are hilarious to watch play together though. They have such different personalities that they complement eachother. I love my little boys!
6 comments:
Amy, I was a little shocked to see a post so soon, but hey, I will take it. Sounds like you guys had an awesome time. Good job letting your boys go so that you guys could get some time together. I think we are so much alike that way...it is so hard to let them go and worry that they might be sad. It seems like they are always fine though. Anyway, good work, I am proud.
Hope the baby comes soon and that all goes well! Good luck with everything!!!!!
Maybe if we are lucky, Trav and Aundi will be having some little rug rats before too long!
HAHA! That comment about getting a pedicure so you can have something pretty to look at during labor...SO funny! Really, I am laughing out loud. I love you and am so glad you got a good weekend with Rod. Can't wait to meet little Jacob Fisher Patten :) haha!
Good for you!! I am glad you got to get pampered and have one last break before the Chaos ensues!!
Hey did you know that Zach and Samantha Sherratt are my neighbor's up here?? We share Garage walls! She said she found my blog when she was looking at your blog! Small world huh??
Hey there Amy! I didn't realize that you are that close to having your baby. Didn't you say it was a boy? I can't remember. Hmm- your toes look cute, so nice to get them done since you probably cant do them yourself! Just wanted to pop in and say hi!
Amy- I miss you. Your toes look darling. Will you let me know when you have your baby, just a text will do. Maybe you already had him... anyways give me an update so I can have your boys over to play :)
Post a Comment