Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Jacob is born

Jacob Fisher Broadhead was born on April 2, 2009.
I went into the hospital around 9:30 and had him 11:56 am. It was very intense and very fast:)
This is a sweet little picture of Rod holding his feet.




This is minutes after he was born. It is crazy how swollen they are.

Rod was able to see Jacob take his first breath of life. He didn't get to see that with the other kids and it was really neat for him to see that.

It is amazing how humbled I felt holding a sweet angel straight from heaven.

Jen brought the boys down to the hospital and David and Zach didn't know what to think about the new addition. David didn't want to hold the baby and Zach couldn't stop talking about his baby brother. It was opposite of what I thought there reactions would be. I don't think David liked seeing me in a bed in a weird place more than the baby himself because once we were home he and Zach have been holding him and loving him like crazy.

We are a true family now.


Here is a pic of the next day before we brought him home.


This is Jacob 6 days old. A little more filled in and still as cute as can be.

31 comments:

Plain Jame said...

Congratulations Amy and Rod! He is soooooo adorable! Just today I was trying to attempt to put my hi-8 videos on DVDs and I had taken a video from one day of our old moms group - back when we all had our firsts! There was you and david! So cute! I hope you're adjusting well to three. I'm freaking out - I've got about 2 months left to prepare for the madness...

---- said...

CUTE!! I was wondering if you had your baby yet!?! You look amazing in your pictures too!! It is not fair that you get to look so cute right after having a baby!! Congrats!!!

Lori said...

He is beautiful!!! CONGRATS!!! Oh, and a good name choice! Our Jake is a little ray of sunshine, hopefully yours will be too :)

Matt and Amanda said...

He is so cute!!! Congrats Amy and Rod!!! I am so happy for you!!! :)

cabeandmelplus3 said...

Oh congrats!! He is adorable!! I hope all is going good for you!!

Courtney and Andrew said...

Congratulations! He is adorable and I am way jealous on how fast it was! Three is not as bad as they tell you it is! Hope all is well!

Kit said...

Oh! He is beautiful!! And you look gorgeous too! Love that pic of you kissing his little face. I am so sorry I didn't see him. Saturday and Sunday were booked up, so I thought that Monday would be the day, but I was so sick, I couldn't see straight. Love you! You are the best mama around!

Matt, Amy, Grant, Tyson, and Palmer said...

Congrats!! He is adorable! I can't believe how fast your labor was!!! GOOD WORK

Hannah and Curtis said...

He's adorable! Congratulations! You have such a cute family! I'm glad everything went well for you.

Erin said...

He is really, really cute! Congratulations!!!!!!

eMily eLiZaBeTh said...

Amy you are georgous! sereously you look so good for just having a baby:) hes perfect girl. congratulations to your little family.

Anonymous said...

Oh he is adorable! So sweet and you look awesome too! I can't wait to meet the little guy!

Dana said...

He is so so sweet!! I have been dying to know when you had him and I don't think I could have endured the dissapointment of one more day not seeing a new post, so thank you. You do look beautiful and you have a BEAUTIFUL family.

April Nielsen said...

Congrats Amy!! He IS as cute as can be! It sure makes me baby hungry but I wonder if I, too would end up with three boys. You'll have your share of dirt and trucks. Congrats!

---- said...

BTW- I made my blog private so email me at mgmodbe@gmail.com, so I can add you!

Shai Brown said...

Amy, he is BEAUTIFUL! It makes me so excited to see my guy! I hope you're all doing well. Be sure to call when you come to Idaho. Love you tons!

Brandi said...

HOW SWEET!!! I love those precious from Heaven feelings that come when I see a NEWBORN! CONGRATS!
I agree, I think that EJ was very nervous in the hospital setting, with Mommy hooked up to machines and the strange clothes and all.

OUR FULL HOUSE said...

He is so cute! Congrats! I can't believe that you already have your baby, last time I saw you you were still so little. Your are the cutest pregnant lady ever!

By: Amanda said...

Awwww, Amy! He is beautiful! Congratulations, I am so happy for you, the princess among all the boys. Dallin sure misses David and Zach, which is kind of funny since they didn't play together a ton. There is somehin' about those Broadheads!

Shannon said...

Congrats!! You look so good after just giving birth! I got huge, swollen face with every child I had. Uggh! You loook Marvelous! Congrats and hope your doing well.

Honey Family Blog said...

Oh Amy, he is precious! Congratulations on your sweet baby Jacob!

Becky said...

Amy,
Congratulations! OH, he is absolutely beautiful. I hope you are feeling well. What a perfect family!

The Childs said...

Congratulations! I can't believe you have gotten all boys. They are fun though. I hope everything is still going well!

THE CHRIS' said...

Congrats! He looks just like the others. You make me sick how great you look in those pics, who looks like they right after giving birth. That dark hair is so cute! you better post new pics.

Jodi Rae said...

AAAHH!! Congrats! He is SO cute. I am so happy for you guys! I am a little nervous to take the step to 3, you are a good example to me! You guys sure make some darling kiddos. Hope to see you soon. And my blog is still locked to everyone right now so if you try to go sorry! I might be changing that soon:). Hope you are feeling good!

The Crocketts said...

Congrats! He is adorable! How is life going with 3? Hope you're doing great!

Jodi Rae said...

Hey Amy! I know I already left a comment earlier, but I just got my blog going again. It is private though, and I wanted to invite you. So if you would like an invite just send me your email to jodirae27@hotmail.com. Once again, your little boy is a doll:). By the way, this is Jodi Atkinson. If you were wondering:).

Jodi Rae said...

Sorry! It is under a different address too. It is now www.ourlifeinjodiswords.blogspot.com. Thanks!

Tiffany said...

Amy! congrats on you new little one! He is precious! It was fun talking to you even if it was about coupons! Anyway! GO MOLEMAN!!!

The Steele Family said...

How adorable! Well, I'm starting to miss home so I thought I would check up on everyone! I'm excited though cause I am coming home for my doctors appointment this weekend. And, as much as I miss home...I kinda hope the doctor will let me come back out another 4 weeks to spend with Jake since I won't see him after that til september! Well...hope things are going great!

Jess said...

Hey! I found your blog through someone else's! Congrats on the new baby! He is cute. I can't believe how big your other 2 are! Looks like you guys are doing well!