Monday, June 2, 2008

Beautiful Ragged Mountain

School is out for Rod and we have a busy, fun summer ahead of us. We went to Colorado to Ragged Mountain and it was so gorgeous. It was for the Cowgill reunion. Isn't it so pretty- those are the Rocky Mountains right behind us! The church owns 150 acres and it has 5 lakes and then a main lodge (in picture) with about 5 little cabins around it.

This is all that came out of Rod's Family-there was more counting the extended family. Even though the drive was long, it turned out to be really relaxing and everyone really enjoyed themselves.


We stayed in this cute little cabin. The first night we got there at 3 in the morning and it was freezing cold. So it was like basically sleeping outside and when we woke up it was snowing! It didn't stick but it was still freezing. But then it warmed up and ended up being really nice. Right next to our cabin there was a little pond that the kids loved to go and throw their fishing poles in . I thought this was so cute with Rod and the boys!


Don, Kyla, and Trisha showing their fish lips.

I thought this was so funny. There was so many swampy areas when we went fishing all the kids shoes got soaking wet. Rod hung them all up to dry.


There was this coolest truck there- perfect for a great picture.
I had too much fun with this truck!!

The kids all got sick of me asking, "Do you want to go take some pictures?" They all went on strike so I didn't get a couple of other spots I wanted, oh well.
The kids loved riding the canoe.
All David could talk about is when he was going to go fishing. Over and over and over! Finally, Rod took him real fishing and he was so excited when he caught a fish. It was so cute to watch him and the other kids get into the fishing.
David's cousin Carter caught 5 fish. He was so proud! He had to win everyone mostly the girls, he said, "I can't let the girls beat me."

Don was cutting the fish and showing David and Rusty all the eggs and stuff inside. Then he asked Rod if he wanted to have a turn. By the look of his face will tell you how much Rod enjoyed that. It surprised me that he did because he has such a weak stomach. I know that he did it for David and Zach though- to learn how to do it so he can fish with the boys by himself. Another reason why he is such an amazing dad.

13 comments:

Melissa said...

Amy I LOVE the pictures! You are so talented...glad you had a great time.

Annie said...

I love your photography! You guys seem like you had a great trip. Rod and the boys look so cute fishing together. I can't wait to take my little boy fishing:)

Erin said...

Wow... you took some beautiful pictures! I love them all but I love the truck too! I think it's so adorable when a Dad takes his boys fishing! Did you use midnight sepia on some of those pics??? I love whatever you did, and I finally got Adobe photoshop! Now I just need to figure out how to use it!

Shai Brown said...

Hey - You take the cutest pictures!!! I love the ones of Rod and the boys fishing! Hope you're doing good. Love ya - Shai

Anna said...

Your pics are fabulous! So talented! Your little fam is so cute!

brit said...

You are a great photo snapper. NICE! Looks like fun. When are we gonna get together?

Amy said...

Wow, loved the pictures too! Looks like you had a great trip! Kaden loves fishing too, although his Daddy isnt that talented with the whole actually catching them thing. We need to hang out again!!

Ra-call-dee... said...

Like everyone else, I agree, your pictures look awesome! What photo editing software do you use? They are beautiful! You and Holls have a pure talent for it!

The Hatch's said...

Amy, what beautiful kids you have! It has been a long time since I last saw ya. Wow, where has the time gone?
~Ciara

jenbulkley said...

That looks like fun. I need to get a nice camera. Am I the only one with a horrible camera?

Kit said...

Take me with you next time! That place is beautiful! Amy you are my favorite photographer. All those pics are amazing. Shawn got me a super nice camera, so when you come up I would love to have you mess around with it and teach me some stuff. Love you, and the boys (including Rod) all look adorable fishing. I love that old truck too.

Anonymous said...

That looks like a great and relaxing vacation! You are so pretty! And hello???-You take amazing photos! June 18th? That sounds so fun. How long are you staying? I totally want to. Let me know all the details.

OUR FULL HOUSE said...

Those are some awesome pictures. I love the truck. Your kids are getting so big, it is sad how fast they grow.